#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Friday, September 02, 2011

September

A little twinge of sadness
When Summer disappears
But Autumn brings new gladness
And joys this time of year.

Elise Natalie Brady

Sniff…….sigh….. even though it was 80 degrees out today, don’t be fooled. Summer is trying to hang on but we all know what is right around the corner. We see signs. Everywhere we look we see apple trees hanging full with fruit. And now and then a colored leaf. The summer flowers are looking spent and drooping their heads. Football games can be seen on tv.
   Don’t you know…fall is on the way. Although it is a favorite season of mine I’m not in any hurry to see it come. I love the colors of fall…the cinnamon oranges, the browns and golden yellows. I love the crisp air and the painted hills. I love the nubby sweaters and tightly wrapped scarves. The orange and new white pumpkins. The bright mums. The smell of hot apple cider.
   But you know…it can stay away for a few more weeks and that would be all right with me. 
fall is coming 9.11 078
   fall is coming 9.11 083

fall is coming 9.11 091

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.